Domestic Violence Solicitors

It can be a very stressful and emotional situation if you are a victim of domestic violence, harassment or feel threatened by your ex-partner’s presence. You’ll find our family team will be supportive and understanding.

There are two legal means to protecting you and preventing ongoing harm. These are a Non-Molestation Order and an Occupation Order.

‘Molestation’ in legal terms means any activity that causes harassment to a level where a Court needs to intervene. You can apply for this in relation to yourself – or on behalf of a child you are responsible for.

An Occupation Order simply means you can apply for someone to be removed from a shared property. This doesn’t affect any financial rights either of you have in relation to the property, it just keeps you safe.

Whatever your situation, it’s important that you get the legal advice and help that will protect you and your children. Complete our enquiry for or click here to find your nearest Hine Solicitors number.

Preventing harassment

If you are suffering from a degree of harassment that is affecting your physical or mental wellbeing the Family Law Act 1996 can be applied to prevent the person from continuing with this behaviour.

Protection from domestic violence

If you are being physically assaulted you can apply for a Non-Molestation Order to prohibit any further assault. Don’t be afraid to get legal help – that’s what the Law is there for; to protect you.

Occupation of property

If your partner’s presence in your shared home is endangering you and any children you can apply for an Occupation Order to have the offending person removed, without needing their consent.

Back to serivies...

How can we help? Request a callback about domestic violence...

    [honeypot website]

    Please refer to our Privacy Policy for details of how and why we process your data.

    You can also view our GDPR Recruitment Policy here.